A lot of folks are shopping for car dashboard cameras, or dash cams as they are known, so that they can have proof of events as they happen while out driving.
Without a dash cam, how are you going to prove that what you, as the driver, are saying, is the truth?
Dash cams can offer proof of events in road accidents in several ways, such as for instance:
- Dash cams record the Where (through GPS) the When (time and date are clearly displayed) and therefore the How.
- Most dash cams have night vision. This prevents fraudulent claims being made against the driver even after they have been driving in the dark.
- Dash cams typically take prime quality footage, that can be uploaded and saved to a computer, laptop or other device if and when required for insurance or legal purposes.
In car camera systems with DVR are usually 720P or 1080P and HD (high definition). With a Digital video recorder for your car or any other vehicle, you can capture whatever you can see around you while you are driving. And with such a gadget you’ll never have to look for witnesses if you ever get into an accident — the record will show what really happened! Car camera video recorders have become so popular, that drivers from all around the world buy them every day. They have seen all the benefits and don’t need convincing.
Most modern car cameras are mounted on your dashboard, windshield, or can be hidden, and can record 360 degrees around your vehicle. There is also an option on many of these DVR cameras for night vision recording and GPS tracking and locating. There are several benefits and advantages to installing an in car video recorder. You can record whatever you see and upload it online or You Tube if you like. Car video recorders will let you save all those moments and do as you please with them when they are uploaded at home. If you are vacationing, digital video recorders on your dashboard make an excellent electronic video memory picture album of your trip But these videos can also be used as evidence in any legal matters concerning accidents or crimes committed, because they record live.
Decide which price range you want to pay for your Dashboard Camera or Backup Camera kit. You can get some priced as low as $50, but remember, you get what you pay for. The average price in 2016 for a decent WIRELESS rear view camera and LCD monitor was $100-$250. Most decent backup camera kits come with a wireless monitor included. This is a great feature because it means that you don’t have to buy an additional piece of hardware to use the rear view camera. If you want to do more work and run all of the power and transmit wires, then a cheaper model can be purchased, but most people choose a wireless backup system, especially for larger vehicles and trailers.
One feature that you want to get is a wide view angle camera that is over 100 degrees, which would cover pretty much the entire blind spot area to the back of your vehicle. Do not get a 30-40 degree camera if you can afford a better one, you can easily see more than 40 degrees view with your own eyes, through standard vehicle rear view mirrors. Thirdly, get a good display. LCD monitors are the best and should be included in any decent camera setup kit.
Another important feature to look for is whether the camera kit is waterproof and weatherproof. Being installed on the rear bumper of a car or a boat, even near salt water, is not considered normal usage for most dash cams and so you need to get the right one for your requirements.
I love mine! I Wish they had dash cams when I was a taxi driver in London, because they would have saved me a lot of grief. I’d definitely have gone for an extra one inside as well, pointing towards the passengers for added safety.
If you are looking for the best dashboard cameras or rear view back up cameras to install on the dashboard or the rear of your car, we have several choices you can review.
Dashboard cameras come in a bewildering array of unheard of makes and models. We regularly update a list of the top 10 to help you choose one that is perfect for you.
A DASH CAM REALLY COULD SAVE LIVES, AND SAVE YOU MONEY – SEE OUR TOP 10 LIST BELOW!
Best Dashboard Cameras
- Nextbase 312GW Full 1080p HD In Car Dash Cam Camera DVR Digital Driving Video Recorder with Built-In Wi-Fi
- APEMAN Mini Car Camera Dash Cam 1080P Full HD Video Recorder with Sony Sensor, 650NM Lens, WDR, Loop Recording, Motion Detection, Park Monitor and G-Sensor
- Nextbase Car Camera Hard Wire Kit – For Nextbase 512GW, 512G, 402G, 412GW, 312GW, 302G, 212, 202, 101, 112 and DUO in car cameras
- TOGUARD Mini Dash Cam (16GB Card Included) Full HD 1080P Car Blackbox Car Dash Cams DVR Dashboard Camera Built In G-Sensor Motion Detection Loop Recorder Night Vision
- APEMAN In Car Dash Cam 1080P FHD Car Video Recorder 170°Wide Angle WDR Camera with 3 inch LCD Motion Detection Parking Monitor and G-sensor
- On Dash Video D02 3″ Dash Cam for Cars With Night Vision Dash Cam 170 Degrees Rotatable Camera Video Recorder Traffic Dashboard Camcorder
- BUIEJDOG 3.5″ Dash Cam In Car Camera DVR 1080P Full-Color LCD Display with 170 Degree Viewing Angles. Built-in G-Sensor, Night Vision Recording, Loop Recording and Parking Monitoring (black)
- OldShark Dash Cam with 8GB SD Card, 1080P Full HD Car Camera Dashboard Video Recorder 4-Lane Wide-Angle View Lens with Night Vision, G-Sensor, Loop Recording, Motion Detection, Parking Monitor
- Dash Cam Full HD 1080P Car DVR,Built In G-Sensor,Parking Monitor,Motion Detection,Loop Recording (Black)
- Nextbase 512GW 1440p QUAD HD In-Car Dash Camera with Wi-Fi / Anti-Glare Polarizing filter – Black